The public is invited to use the library's display cases. Community organizations are especially encouraged.
Two lockable glass cases (George and Shari Duane Exhibit Cases) are available in the Front Entrance Lobby for monthly exhibits.
The Children's Department provides two display cases for public and departmental use: a case in the Upper Level Lobby and one inside the Children's Room (Quirk Auto Dealership Display Case).
- To reserve Display Cases please read the policies that govern Displays/Exhibits and Bulletin Boards, listed below.
- Call the Director at 781-848-0405 ext. 4420 to schedule use of the Entrance Lobby exhibit cases.
- Call the Children's Department at 781-848-0405 ext. 4425 to schedule use of the Upper Level / Children's Room Display Cases.
The Braintree Historical Society has ongoing rotating displays in the Main Level Lobby case (Suzanne Bump and Paul McDevitt Display Case).
Click on "What's New" to find out what is currently on display throughout the library.
Policy for Displays/Exhibits and Bulletin Boards
Use of Thayer Public Library areas for displays, exhibits or posting of notices is primarily for library and library sponsored program use.
The Library also welcomes exhibits and displays of interest, information and enlightenment to the community.
Exhibits in the library will be viewed by individuals of all ages. The materials of the exhibits must therefore visually meet "a standard acceptable to the community."
The display or distribution of material does not constitute endorsement of the content by the Thayer Public Library.
The Library reserves the right to review requests for display, exhibit and bulletin board space. Use of Library display/ exhibit space is granted by the Library Director or the Children’s Librarian and is reserved under a first-come, first-serve policy.
Bulletin board spaces are open to non-profit organizations engaged in fund raising activities, organizations promoting educational activities or opportunities and public interest notices.
The Thayer Public Library does not maintain insurance to cover damage or loss of materials placed on exhibit.
The Library reserves the right to limit the size and length of exhibit displays. Exhibitors may not list the Thayer Public Library as a sponsor or co-sponsor of the exhibit or display unless authorized by the Library Director.
Conditions for Displays / Exhibits
- Price lists supplied by exhibitors are required for items available for sale.
- Transactions for the purchase of exhibit items shall be directly between the purchaser and the exhibitor or the exhibitor’s official agent.
- No exhibit material sold during its display in the Library may be removed from the exhibit before the end of the exhibition, unless such removal and the rearrangement of the display is approved by the Library.
- Exhibitors interested in reserving one of the display cases or exhibit areas must complete a Display Case / Exhibit Area application form and insurance waiver.
- While the Library avoids canceling or suspending displays or exhibits, the Library reserves the right to do so if facilities are needed for library purposes. Every effort will be made to give as much advance notice as possible.
- The installation and removal of the display or exhibit is the responsibility of the sponsor.
- Exhibitors must use library furnished hangers for the display of art work. No exhibitor supplied fixtures may be attached to the walls.
- Groups or individuals are responsible for set up and removal of all displays or exhibits.
- Any individual or organization wishing to prepare a press release must submit it to the library for review four weeks preceding the exhibit or display. The library reserves the right to write or edit all press releases.